Get your child started on the path of a Montessori education today. Questions? Just give us a call.
Monticello holds a lottery each year to establish the waiting list order of entrance for the upcoming school year. We fill all openings during the school year according to the order established by that lottery.
A disinterested third party conducts the lottery selection in a public forum. Over-enrollment procedures will be conducted according to the requirements as set out in Idaho statute 33-5205 as well as any rule adopted by the Idaho State Board of Education or Idaho Public Charter School Commission that is applicable to student lotteries held by public charter schools, and according to the process described under “Exceptions Approved by Commission Staff.” Final selection lists for a given school year shall not roll over to a subsequent school year, and we develop our list based on the Equitable Selection Process outlined in Subsection 203.09 of the Administrative Rules Governing Charter Schools.
- We randomly select all available seats for students between the ages of five and 14.
- One application accepted per family with all siblings listed.
- We will make one family index card with all siblings listed.
- We pull all Founder cards and label these with a “B.” If the number of Founder children exceeds 10% of the student population, we will randomly select the cards.
- We will place all other cards in a box and pull randomly.
- We sequentially number and label each individual child on the family index card with a “C.”
- We continue to randomly pull cards until we fill all seats.
- If your child is not selected for an open seat, they will be placed on a wait list in the order drawn. You will receive a communication informing you of your place on the Wait List, and you must respond within seven (7) days and accept being placed on the Wait List to maintain your spot on the Wait list.
If you do not accept your spot, or you fail to do so within seven (7) days, you will forfeit the position and the spot will be offered to the next person on the list.
- Identifying all siblings on a single family card makes the lottery process more efficient by eliminating the redundancy of searching for siblings in the stack of cards. This process is also more equitable since families with large numbers of children have an equal chance of having their card pulled as a family with only one child.
- Each subsequent year, Monticello will follow this same process with new openings.
Monticello Montessori Charter School is a K-8 tuition-free public charter school open to any student regardless of race, color, nation or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social orientation, social or economic status, and/or special needs. All enrolled students regardless of background are afforded the same privileges, programs, and activities available to all students, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
Enrollment after the Lottery
Starting kindergarten is such an exciting time for our young learners. We accept applicants who are at least five years old on or before September 1 of the school year in which they start kindergarten.